TODAY - HINDU - VOCABULARY
1. JOLT (VERB): (ऐंठना): convulse
Synonyms: disturb, jar
Antonyms: calm, comfort
Sentence: His statement jolted me in my mind.
2. VERBOSE (ADJECTIVE): (वाचाल): wordy
Synonyms: gabby, circumlocutory
Antonyms: concise, succinct
Sentence: He is a verbose man.
3. HERETIC (NOUN): (नास्तिक): schismatic
Synonyms: apostate, pagan
Antonyms: believer, follower
Sentence: As a relapsed heretic, he was left to the secular arm.
4. COVERT (ADJECTIVE): (गुप्त): hidden
Synonyms: undercover, secret
Antonyms: open, known
Sentence: Behind his soft behaviour he has some covert intentions.
5. DEFILE (VERB): (अपवित्र करना): corrupt
Synonyms: degrade, desecrate
Antonyms: honour, praise
Sentence: He tried to defile the system.
6. WORSEN (VERB): (बदतर करना): deteriorate
Synonyms: get worse, exacerbate
Antonyms: improve, soothe
Sentence: This policy could actually worsen the economy.
7. CONCURRENTLY (ADVERB): (समानान्तर रूप से): simultaneously
Synonyms: all at once, all together
Antonyms: imbalanced, upset
Sentence: He is eating and dancing concurrently.
8. PUSH (VERB): (बढ़ाना): advance
Synonyms: boost, hype
Antonyms: repress, dissuade
Sentence: The manager pushed the production.
9. CRISIS (NOUN): (संकट): catastrophe
Synonyms: disaster, trouble
Antonyms: calm, peace
Sentence: He helped me in the times of crisis.
10. SLUMP (NOUN): (मंदी): decline
Synonyms: depreciation, downtrend
Antonyms: ascent, rise
Sentence: This year, we saw a slump in profits.